MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - DC F: Ferrer def. Berdych 6-2 6-3 7-5 (ESP 2-CZE 2)

View Single Post

Old 11-18-2012, 01:45 PM   #26
country flag MaxPower

MaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DC F: Ferrer def. Berdych 6-2 6-3 7-5 (ESP 2-CZE 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by duong View Post
Great level of play !

I don't know what to say about people who keep on being blind at everything which concerns Ferrer and are not able to see his improvements on serve and backhand, and that his forehand is one of the best of the game.

In first two sets : 25 winners 15 unforced errors for Ferrer, 16 winners 16 unforced errors for Berdych.

And no it was not passing-shots : Berdych had only approached the net 10 times (only 1 more than Ferrer, and he had won 5 of those points)

Berdych fought very well, he finishes with more winners than unforced errors in a match against a player against whom it's hard to make winners and who played very well.

He also served very well for his standards whole week-end (11 aces in 3 sets, 67% first serves in first two sets) and that saved him a lot.

And for the tiredness argument : he was still playing very well in third set. He didn't look tired to me all match.
not sure who does your stats but in the 3rd last time I checked Ferrer was 13/14 and Berdych was 7/18. Must have ended up something like that
MaxPower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote