MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Why Are All The Flukes At The AO?

View Single Post

Old 11-17-2012, 12:31 AM   #52
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why Are All The Flukes At The AO?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BauerAlmeida View Post
But Verkerk or Gaudio diddn't have any great results even on clay besides that. I don't think there were flukes because there's no such thing, they diserved to win and reach the final. Cases like Costa maybe or Moya were different, because they don't have great results outside clay, but aside from their RG title they have some other achievements on clay.
Gaudio bagelled Nadal on clay And he did win his fair share of clay court titles but Nadal hit his stride on clay the year after. He was still at a decent level in 05 and took a set off Nadal in Monte Carlo in 2006 I think it was. Shock slam winner yes but a strong clay courter.

Verkerk didn't do much besides it but knocking over both Moya and Coria was an impressive achievement, albeit it ensured a non-competitive final (JCF-Coria would have been fascinating)
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote