MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Why does Djokovic need to be on the verge of losing to play his best ?

View Single Post

Old 11-16-2012, 05:25 PM   #34
country flag Orangeball

Orangeball has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeball has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeball has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeball has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeball has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeball has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeball has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeball has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeball has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeball has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeball has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why does Djokovic need to be on the verge of losing to play his best ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by duong View Post
well he can't win them all

you know I also read a lot of Fedfans who say "oh if Fed had won those points there why is he so bad mentally not to finish that set against Djokovic" ... not even seeing that actually Djokovic had accelerated in those moments and played a level which Fed couldn't reach in those matches.

With ifs ... (and for instance Fed has not been as ruthless in tiebreaks as he was usually : won only 59% of them when he was rather at a huge 70% previous years ... and THAT was again the fact in that WTF final)

This year Djokovic lost crucial sets 7-5 to Murray and Nadal ... but he also won some (notably in Melbourne)

He lost two ones to Tsonga in Roland-Garros but still won the match.
That's exactly what I meant, he wins some he loses some so I don't think his mental toughness is not what people made it out to be.
Orangeball is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote