MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Jan-Lennard Struff

View Single Post

Old 11-16-2012, 01:25 PM   #9
country flag lilygotsilly

lilygotsilly has a reputation beyond reputelilygotsilly has a reputation beyond reputelilygotsilly has a reputation beyond reputelilygotsilly has a reputation beyond reputelilygotsilly has a reputation beyond reputelilygotsilly has a reputation beyond reputelilygotsilly has a reputation beyond reputelilygotsilly has a reputation beyond reputelilygotsilly has a reputation beyond reputelilygotsilly has a reputation beyond reputelilygotsilly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jan-Lennard Struff

He beat Berankis. Amazing. At 4-5, Jan was struggling to stay in the set , fended off bkpts and got to the TB and won.
Got the early bk in the 2nd and won that too.

Preparing for Davis cup at tenniscrier.com, so didn't have much time to focus on this match. From the bit I could tell, Jan is good on a faster court.

(Helsinki is old school, Greenset Confort. Greenset resin on a vinyl rubber mat. Not the thick, soft rubber mats they are using in places like Mons. So this isn't as fast as the old Supreme carpets - but its still pretty fast by today's standard. For example, Djokovic would have had no chance vs Federer on this surface)

Jan taking it quick and seemed taking time away from Berankis really frustrated Berankis. I also feel Berankis is looking forward to the off season
lilygotsilly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote