MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Disappointment of the Year

View Single Post

Old 11-16-2012, 01:19 AM   #52
country flag Pipsy

Pipsy has a reputation beyond reputePipsy has a reputation beyond reputePipsy has a reputation beyond reputePipsy has a reputation beyond reputePipsy has a reputation beyond reputePipsy has a reputation beyond reputePipsy has a reputation beyond reputePipsy has a reputation beyond reputePipsy has a reputation beyond reputePipsy has a reputation beyond reputePipsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Disappointment of the Year

This year had so many highlights that it's difficult to pick a disappointment. For me, it was disappointing that Rafa had to sit out the latter part of the season. It's not good to see any player have to take extended time off, so I suppose I was also disappointed not to see Soderling return this year, even though I'm not a particular fan of his. Same goes for Fish, who had to withdraw from good positions in multiple tournaments.

I remain disappointed with some of the scheduling (especially Roland Garros to Queen's/Halle, Paris to London) as I felt it deprived us of big performances in the lesser tournaments. Having said this, every cloud has a silver lining and I was happy to see Pics win his first Masters and Tommy Haas beating a heavily favoured but tired Federer at Halle.

Disappointed in Nalbandian's behaviour at Queen's because sentimentally I wanted him to win that tournament and his play deserved it, but he threw away the title and good ranking points with an act of stupidity.

I suppose I was disappointed in various results at the time they happened but that's tennis! And remember, the sweet is never as sweet without the sour...

Born to be the fourth best player in the world!

Statistics I maintain on MTF
Bagels Hall of Fame and Hall of Shame (Updated 17/11/2014)
Cumulative Weeks in Top 10 (Updated 17/11/2014)
Grand Slam Wooden Spoon Winners
Pipsy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote