MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Unofficial Live ATP Rankings [in Post #1]

View Single Post

Old 11-15-2012, 07:03 PM   #829
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Unofficial Live ATP Rankings [in Post #1]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratik View Post
This makes perfect sense. DC final points should count, and since it is after the WTF, they are included for next year. I guess it is too much to ask them to include the points in the next year for the Race, but the same year for determining commitment players.
they also count for next year for commitment players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratik View Post
Talking about the DC final points, I just realised that I do not know when the bonus points of DC are dropped(don't know why I did not think of this before, and am too lazy right now to look it up). The most obvious answer would seem that they would drop when the final points are dropped the next year. But, consider this scenario: Player X gets both the team bonus and the performance bonus in a particular year. The next year the does not play any DC match. Now at year end(after WTF) he would still have 350 DC points in his rankings, 200 of which are as a result of matches he played in the previous year, some over 18 months ago.
Both bonuses can't be cumulated (at most you can have 625 points in a year from the rulebook).

Yes I think they drop 52 weeks after the final.

Only one player was ever concerned by the bonus : it was Djokovic after DC 2010, and I think his 75 "team bonus" points were deleted only 52 weeks later, although I'm not sure of that, as it seems to me that in the end of 2011, his 225 Davis cup points left had become non-countable anyway.

Berdych is the only player whou could get that team bonus this year if he wins two live rubbers and his team wins the title.