MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - "Speed up the courts and general court speed Thread"

View Single Post

Old 11-15-2012, 10:25 AM   #946
country flag juan27

juan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Speed up the courts and general court speed Thread"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
You are as bad as the people you are complaining against. The fact the surfaces and games have homogenised benefited Federer as well, it's your too biased to see this. Nadal is the only player on clay in this generation who plays like an old school clay court player albeit adapted to modern times with a lot of ability on the surface. He toys with Fed on clay by breaking down the backhand, this is not a new tactic and so damn simple.

Which leads to the next point Fed struggled with the old school guys when they were past their past on the surface or do you need plenty of examples. As the surfaces have become closer that style of game on clay apart from Nadal and to a very poor version Andreev has become obsolete, unlike when Fed started guys like that were still playing. Therefore he gained the benefit on clay because of this.

You can't bitch about Nadal getting benefits from a slower and high bouncing grass or hardcourts getting slower or Djokovic on grass without looking Fed.
Maybe you are rigth and it`s a good post.

but I think that nadal it`s a different kind of beast over clay like borg , but in not all the eras exist a nadal or borg , many players playing high against fed`s backhand but nobody could did the same damage than nadal with his forehand , I mean nadal has the perfect forehand for a clay court player.

I see all the players in the 90s , specially muster and kuerten and of course than they would be much more capable to defeat federer many times over clay , homever I think that federer maybe would can win more matches againts them than against nadal.

but if players like agassi could won roland garros and sampras that had a very bad game and physicall condition played semis on clay (winning rome) , why federer can`t do it too?????

You are right maybe like I said before , but if the court not be so similars , federer maybe never won in RG but he still has many many grand slams/titles in hardcourts , indoors and grass , but other players has in his favour now more surfaces more slows like hard , indoor and grass.

maybe nadal only would win in roland garros and nothing more if the courts were like before , maybe australia too but in rebound ace nadal never played very good.

other players are much more beneficit than federer with the homogenization , not???

federer would be like sampras but nobody of this player would be like agassi , maybe djokovic but I don`t know
juan27 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote