MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2)

View Single Post

Old 11-14-2012, 06:25 PM   #3553
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post
I do realise the subject has been changed, somewhat. It's my fault.

Allow me to clarify what my point is, and what it only is. People from later generations are less likely to have their judgement clouded when it comes to an unfortunate and cruel historical happening.

The thing about knowledge is irrelevant.
I understand your reasoning.

I'm simply not sure it's correct. There may be some instances where it is correct and others where it is incorrect. Every generation has its own biases. Each generation will think it has the correct perspective.

I say this because I've seen several revisions of history in my life time. I've seen the history, the revision, then the revision of the revision etc. etc. It goes on and on. I don't have a problem with it because I learn more all the time.

It's hard to say that you have knowledge of false things. Is that really knowledge?

I think my understanding of things is enriched by each version of history I read.

History is hardly science. I would think if I wanted to concentrate on hard facts, I'd go into science -- although even there things one thinks are "facts" sometimes turn out not to be.
star is offline View My Blog!