MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2)

View Single Post

Old 11-14-2012, 04:39 PM   #3544
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post
I don't deny that he's a bit of a burke.

And that's what I forgot to say. There's absolutely every right for you to feel like this, there's no reason for you to have to listen to him.

One person I know studies history at university, the first thing he was told when he arrived was that he was almost guaranteed to be a better historian than the people teaching him. Why? It's easier to be objective when you aren't around during or close to the time of the incident.

It's natural that you will have a fairer, and ultimately better opinion than the generations before.

It comes back to what I said before. Dark times like that can really influence people living through them. Their opinions get demented, but they can't help it. They care too much about being right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
Also, I think that flying the flag at half mast after Hitler's death while in bad taste, is so minor in comparison what happened in that time from every country that it's hardly worth bringing up and a little laughable. It's sort of like -- Is that all you've got?
I really wonder if this guy could ever be an Ambassador in Germany

I am not saying that him remembering and bearing in mind this unfortunate fact about my country is wrong. It isn't. I probably would too if I were him. It's ok. But what he did with it, it's beyond absurd. I wish I was there.
arm is offline View My Blog!