MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2)

View Single Post

Old 11-14-2012, 04:38 PM   #3543
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post
I don't deny that he's a bit of a burke.

And that's what I forgot to say. There's absolutely every right for you to feel like this, there's no reason for you to have to listen to him.

One person I know studies history at university, the first thing he was told when he arrived was that he was almost guaranteed to be a better historian than the people teaching him. Why? It's easier to be objective when you aren't around during or close to the time of the incident.

It's natural that you will have a fairer, and ultimately better opinion than the generations before.

It comes back to what I said before. Dark times like that can really influence people living through them. Their opinions get demented, but they can't help it. They care too much about being right.
He's congratulating himself a little too much I think. Yes, it is easier to be "objective" when you haven't had family and friends dead in the war, but it's also perhaps more difficult to enter into the mind and feelings of those making decisions so it's easy to judge them unfairly.
star is offline View My Blog!