MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - "Speed up the courts and general court speed Thread"

View Single Post

Old 11-13-2012, 05:15 PM   #898
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Speed up the courts and general court speed Thread"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeChuck View Post
I should explain that by top player fan, I mean someone who only cares about whether their favourite player continues to rack up the big titles, and doesn't care about much about the rest of the sport in general.

Of course it would be better for the players as a whole and for fans who like seeing different styles of tennis, if there was more surface variety.

We need slow surfaces on the tour, and we also need fast surfaces. Tennis would suck if the majority of surfaces were ice rinks that gave rise to ace-fests, and it sucks at the moment with too much tennis being played on slower hard courts. Players grinding so much on at these hard court events is harmful to their long term health as well, with their bodies taking a such pounding.

I think that the red clay tournaments need to be slowed down, the Wimbledon grass needs to be sped up, there needs to be a greater difference between the Australian and US Open hard courts with one of them playing fast and the other playing slow, carpet needs to be re-introduced and implemented at all the indoor events and Miami needs to change surface to green clay.

The extra week that will be introduced between RG and Wimbledon from 2015 is a very welcome (and long overdue) step in the right direction.
There's not much you can do about clay if it's warm. It's more about the balls, I think.

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Say what you want about Federer playing Baghdatis and Gonzo in AO finals... But at least he won them
Looner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote