MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - "Speed up the courts and general court speed Thread"

View Single Post

Old 11-13-2012, 04:15 PM   #896
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Speed up the courts and general court speed Thread"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wing Man Frank View Post
Oh God, the Fedtards are out in force.
Oh, God, I am talking BS and I can't overturn proper arguments, so I can complain the "Fedtards" are bullying me .

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeChuck View Post
Really it comes down to whether you are a (top) player fan or a general tennis fan.

If you only care about the top players then the current set-up, where all of the top players are benefiting from the surface homogenisation to reach the finals/semi-finals at practically every big tournament in sight, is perfect. The tournament directors at the big events must also love the current predictability.

However if you are a wider tennis fan who wants to see players having to adapt to significantly different surfaces, as opposed to those surfaces adapting to make it easier for them, and wants to see a larger range of players enjoying the spotlight and succeeding at different times of the year, then you would prefer more surface variety.

I personally fall into the second category.
Well, I am top player fan and I want to see diversity because that's the main reason I started watching the game.

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Say what you want about Federer playing Baghdatis and Gonzo in AO finals... But at least he won them
Looner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote