MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - How long will it take Nadal

View Single Post

Old 11-10-2012, 07:26 AM   #51
country flag Just like heaven

Just like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How long will it take Nadal

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKz View Post
Obviously that is the most ideal scenario for him is to come back at the beginning of the season. However, either way it is still most likely going to take him until the clay season for him to get back into some kind of form.. And the crappier his first 3 months back on the tour or if worst case the later he gets back on the tour, it puts even more pressure on him to be truly ready for the clay season. If he can't get success on clay, again, you can really say goodbye to his season.. He hasn't won a non-clay title since Tokyo 2010.. that is a huge stat to overcome and this point in his career. Will that be his last non-clay court title? Hell no, but still doesn't mean he has a load of work to do. Practice matches only go so far.

Not sure how you wouldn't consider such losses as strange. The reason is he lacks confidence to close out matches off clay.. You can't attribute that to "he just loses like that". I mean he certainly had no problem in closing such matches pre-FO 2009 and in the 2010 after the clay season started.
He thinks he can return to a high level and that's all that matters.

The only problem is the Spanish media reported he will start practicing this week, but the week is almost over and I still haven't seen photos of him on a tennis court.
Just like heaven is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote