MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Which is the more embarrassing H2H, Ferrer/Fed or Roddick/Fed?

View Single Post

Old 11-10-2012, 03:17 AM   #70
country flag BackhandDTL

BackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which is the more embarrassing H2H, Ferrer/Fed or Roddick/Fed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag View Post
ferrer has had the better career

more titles, more finals, higher ranked, better grand slam performance (1 final does not beat several more semis and quarters)

ferrer might not deliver against federer or nadal (on clay), but he beats everyone else. berdych loses to everyone and anyone

berdych deserves credit for treating every match against federer as a slam final

that's about it
Except when it really matters (well not at all, v. Federer). Other than Murray on clay and a suspect Nadal at AO, I'm not sure Ferrer's ever beaten one of the big four on a big stage.

I'm not discounting Ferrer's consistency, I'm questioning his upside. He'd never be able to go through two of the big four the way Berdych did at Wimbledon, and I doubt he'd beat one of them on their best surface on a big stage the way Berd just did Fed.

His role in the top five is comparable to that of a gatekeeper. He can shut out the rest, but he hasn't seriously threatened to move upward either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post
Should that happen, the outcome would be 24-0
Surely he'd get a few more sets, though.
BackhandDTL is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote