MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Federer takes on role as backroom power broker (ATP future and situation)

View Single Post

Old 11-08-2012, 11:26 AM   #23
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Federer takes on role as backroom power broker (ATP future and situation)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lleyton_ View Post
Olderer forum He got rid of Nadal who initiated the whole thing and took all the credit.
Nadal initiated the calendar reform (with Djokovic who talks less but was also very active to make propositions) but not the slams prize money demands. He rather tried to use that slams prize money demand to get support from the other players for his other plans.

It seemed to work very well at one moment because there was a conjunction of these "revolutionary" demands in the same Australian open meeting (remember Stakhovsky saying "I generally don't think the 2-year ranking system is a good thing but I support it if I can't get an increase in the slams prize money, as it's better if my ranking to enter the slams is protected" ... and anyway I want a revolution then I like Nadal pushing all that mess and threatening for boycott )

but he gave up when the prize money demands were dealt with well enough to completely separate that demand from Nadal's main plans.

The slams prize money demand seems to have been initiated by a group of Russian players, including Tursunov, Bogomolov and Youzhny + the Ukrainian guy Stakhovsky.

Last edited by duong : 11-08-2012 at 11:33 AM.
duong is offline View My Blog!