MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Federer takes on role as backroom power broker (ATP future and situation)

View Single Post

Old 11-08-2012, 10:09 AM   #21
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Federer takes on role as backroom power broker (ATP future and situation)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMnadal View Post
NID, Greederer lobbying for this just when he's about to retire in a couple of years
precisely he could have avoided doing that for many reasons :

1. not much concerned by the changes as he will retire (he said that actually about the suppression of the week between Paris and the WTF "I don't think it's a good decision but well I'm old and it's their future")

2. is isolated for the orientations against younger top-players (Murray will always back Nadal, and Nadal and Djokovic shared common wills/interests)

3. this kind of "coordinating job" when you don't give the main orientations is not very cheerful

4. he has many other things to do, is the most interviewed player by far for instance, and he's a father of two young twins

but apart from being concerned in the future of the Tour and feeling that after Ljubicic left this job, not many others could have done it, I think he actually likes and is interested in such kind of things, at least he said so.

And more impressively he seems to be very good in organizing oneself, managing a very busy schedule and separating his mind into several parts. This is surely the thing which impresses me most (Roddick also said he was impressed by that actually) as I think very few people understand how busy he is and how many different skills it implies.