MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - For the first time in history, marriage equality wins popular vote on ballot!

View Single Post

Old 11-07-2012, 07:08 PM   #1
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute
Default For the first time in history, marriage equality wins popular vote on ballot!

Yes, the fact that marriage equality was up for vote and that people feel entitled to vote on the legal rights of human citizens is a disgusting, appalling violation of human rights, but let this sink in, people...............before yesterday, marriage equality was 0-32 on ballot. ZERO wins. THIRTY TWO losses. And last night, we won ALL four states marriage equality was on the ballot!

MAINE became the first state ever to declare victory on marriage equality about 11:00 last night, a little bit before Obama was declared winner of the election. When I realized Maine was going to win, about 10:00 last night, I started crying, because this is honestly way more than just marriage. This is about my community finally having a fucking seat at the table and finally feeling like we're apart of the family. Harvey Milk, Matthew Shepherd, Tyler Clementi, Jack Price, I can go on and on. This is for them. All the bloodshed. All the hate crimes and brutal beatings that innocent citizens have had to endure. All the disappointments when our rights were stolen away from us. All the tears shed when our families rejected us after coming out. Last night was a REPUDIATION of homophobic hatred in America. And I've never been more proud to be apart of this country. For the first time ever, America is seemingly standing by it's promise of freedom and justice for all.
Filo V. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote