MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Unofficial Live ATP Rankings [in Post #1]

View Single Post

Old 11-07-2012, 09:09 AM   #778
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Unofficial Live ATP Rankings [in Post #1]

Quote:
Originally Posted by duong View Post
it's a good thing for the first alternate but a bad thing for the clarity of the Tour and rules. If you regularly look at the entry-lists like me, it really looks like a remanent joke seeing Roddick in the list and having to take him out just because he didn't bother writing a letter to the ATP. I hope he will do it in the off-season though. If they keep him in the rankings, they should also keep him in the anti-doping where-about procedures imo, and if he doesn't send his where-abouts, you should just take him out of the rankings and entry-lists.
OK, I sympathize with those who are annoyed by this, but Roddick has taken those points and deserve the ranking as long as he doesn't want it removed.

Quote:
because he gave up, that's enough of a reason in my eyes. Hewitt, Ferrero and many other players made great efforts to prolong their "streaks" in the top-200 or top-100.

Ljubicic also was very high in the rankings when he retired but he properly wrote a letter.
He's also "competing" with the likes of Edberg, who officially retired at the end of 1996 but was ranked top-100 until september 8th 1997. I thought it a pity Ljubicic, ranked top-100 consecutively since september 1999, didn't give himself the extra weeks, but it was his decision and one has to respect that.

Quote:
if you're not sure, you shouldn't announce it before your matches imo, because it puts all of your matches into drama, which of course is not good for opponents. I don't remember if Sampras announced it before or after his match though, I think he did it afterwards, which is more fair imo.

Clément only announced it after his final match in Wimbledon qualifyings.
Sampras announced retirement at the US Open 2003. Until then he just withdrew from tournaments.
http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/en/doc/...ent_258347.htm
Litotes is offline View My Blog!