MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Unofficial Live ATP Rankings [in Post #1]

View Single Post

Old 11-07-2012, 09:17 AM   #773
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Unofficial Live ATP Rankings [in Post #1]

Quote:
Originally Posted by J99 View Post
When is a retired player removed from the computer btw, when the season ends?
only when all of their points drop off, or when they write a letter to ask so : Safin was the first one to write such a letter, I think, and Ljubicic did the same.

Roddick will stay very high in the rankings for many months, and I agree it puts a fuss in the ATP rules.

Especially for grand slam and Masters series lists, you have one player who is always out : you can say the first alternate is just in, it's simple, no it's not that simple because the first alternate can withdraw without getting a zeropointer, which he couldn't do if he was in directly.

I hope Roddick writes a letter during the off-season to the ATP as Safin and Ljubicic did.

Actually, if he's still allowed to go back and take part in Masters Series, he should respect the anti-doping procedures such as saying where he stays, and I don't think he does that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
Retired players fall off when their results do. Sampras was ranked #34 before the start of US Open 2003, then afterwards he was gone from the list - a full year after he last played.
one word : horrible, just horrible. A mess for all people who deal with the ATP lists, and I can only think that many people kept on hoping Sampras to come back when they saw his name. I remember that in the end of 2002, for the predictions who would win Wimbledon 2003, some people still believed Sampras would come back and win it.

I can't say it's "unfair" but it's horrible for the clarity of the Tour, of the rules and rankings.

Last edited by duong : 11-07-2012 at 09:25 AM.
duong is offline View My Blog!