MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Tomas Berdych in 2013

View Single Post

Old 11-06-2012, 07:18 PM   #28
country flag HKz
Hakeem

HKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tomas Berdych in 2013

Well, Berdych perhaps had a very big chance to make the AO final earlier this year. He just has become so mentally weak against Rafa and so mentally strong against Roger (ironic considering how he was 2005-2007 against the two, it was flipped). So with that being said, Rafa is probably his biggest issue, but now with Rafa's questionable return and form, I think he has a very solid chance of making another slam final. Will he win one? I highly doubt it. Murray and Djokovic will be an issue for him, and Federer will always be an issue if Roger plays well, but that certainly hasn't always been the case in their matches. However, Berdych certainly very prone to sketchy performances, so I'm going to say

AO - QF
FO - QF
Wim - SF
USO - 4th

Perhaps I'm being a bit hard on him, but he isn't getting any younger and many players can expose his inconsistency. Aside from the victory over Federer at the US Open, he has been pretty average at the slams since the French Open/Wimbledon 2010 runs he had. Would be cool if he won a slam, always great for the game especially at this point for a new member of the winner's circle, but I don't think he will reach any finals.