MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - The "Who plays tennis?" thread

View Single Post

Old 11-06-2012, 04:09 PM   #79
country flag HKz
Hakeem

HKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "Who plays tennis?" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post
Has anyone else managed to get their serve measured at all?

I got mine done a couple of years ago, quickest I got (in) was a 95mph serve. I reckon I'd be able to up that now, I'm three inches taller, a lot stronger. Hopefully I can do it sometime.
Yeah, I used to work at a tennis store while I was competing on the USTA junior circuit, and we had a radar gun. I could get my flat ones up to about 120 from time to time. However, the number one before me at my high school was hitting 130s pretty consistently. He had a tremendous serve despite being quite short, very Grosjean-like. Of course it is difficult to tell how our shots would be compared to pros, considering the balls they use are definitely a little heavier and thicker than what the junior circuit used. At least they felt whenever I retrived a couple balls at some practice courts in Indian Wells whenever a pro would mishit a ball out the court.