MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Will Nadal ever return to world number 1 again?

View Single Post

Old 11-06-2012, 02:23 PM   #44
country flag Tag

Tag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Will Nadal ever return to world number 1 again?

i believe i answered this earlier, but for the benefit of those too naive to take it on board, or those who are too busy (and rightly so) to read every post:

no

no, he will not

his clay points keep him in the top 4

if he loses RG, he falls, massively

he will not gain enough points in the hard court slams or hard court masters, although he may pick 1 up if everything falls together

indian wells or canada are the most likely choices, thought miami is do-able, if he avoids djokovic.

i think it is better for nadal, both mentally and emotionally, to go into grand slams as no 4. he loves being the underdog, due to his conditioned childhood complex

anyway, to get to the point:

Australian Open: QF. 4RD exit or earlier is possible, he's rusty and never plays well here

French Open: Final at the very least. Against Djokovic or Del Potro, depending on the draw.

Also, it will depend on whether he retains Monte Carlo, and who wins Rome

Wimbledon: 4RD/QF. SF/F if things go his way with the draw. he is still a better grass court player than djokovic and murray, though murray is catching up.

Us Open: QF, early exit possible. shouldn't put too much focus on this, he has one already, the one he needed for the collection

as i said, he'll be ranked 4th unless he wins 2 grand slams, or 1 slam and 4+ masters. that is the simple mathematical truth

and, being ranked 4th, is what will get his best performances out of him
Tag is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote