MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - WTF court speed

Thread: WTF court speed
View Single Post

Old 11-06-2012, 12:07 PM   #35
country flag Orka_n

Orka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WTF court speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa is the GOAT View Post
It is funny that people think fast courts are the best for Rog, Rog likes lowbouncing court specially against Rafa but also against everybody, the fact that it is really slow helps him I think as he has more time to hit and big hiters can't blow him off court
Wrong. As Roger has slowed down, it is his defensive game (passing shots, defense to offense transition etc) that has declined the most. And he is still an offensive player with a good serve - and as such, he prefers a fast court.
Basically, if a powerhitter such as Delpo or Berdych is on fire, it doesn't help Federer much if the court is slow - he will still lose. The only way Olderer can still defeat these guys is taking the initiative from them so they don't have time to set up their shots. And it is easier for him to do this on a fast court.
During Nadal vs Kyrgios:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed of Light View Post
If Rafa loses today, that's it. I'm done with tennis.
Orka_n is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote