MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Predict slam winners and runneruo in 2013

View Single Post

Old 11-04-2012, 11:19 PM   #56
country flag finishingmove

finishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Predict slam winners and runneruo in 2013

AO:
What do we know? Ferrer might vulture enough events to be seeded 4th. Furthermore, Nadal will be rusty. I exclude him out of the equation.
Federer has had a good 2012 season. Recent years show us he's not been able to string together two such seasons in a row. Recent results also show us that he's likely to lose to Djokovic and Nadal there.
Murray has shown good consistency in slams recently and he's the most recent GS winner. He pushed Nole to 5 sets. I place him as the 2nd favorite.
Djokovic is, in my opinion, the undisputed favorite at this event, based on recent results and performances.
With all this said, It will be interesting to see the scenario of Nadal being seeded 5th, and to what extent he'll show up at this event.

RG:
Nadal the main favourite, Djokovic the closest contender. I give Federer and Del Potro a chance of reaching the finals but God help us in case we have to watch another humiliation of Federer at the hands of Nadal...

Wimbledon:
First of all, I think Nadal's Wimbledon campaign will be largely influenced by how well he does at RG. I believe these two are his main goals next year, but if he falls at RG, he might end the year slamless. Looking at his (now incredibly lengthy) streak of years with a GS title, and the fact that he's only won RG for the last two years (and actually nothing off clay either), that might not be so strange.
I rate Murray as the favorite, Djokovic as 2nd favourite and Federer with an outside chance of making the final.

US Open:
I rate Djokovic as the main favourite here. Probably over Murray.
Chance for final - Federer, Del Potro, Berdych.
Spending time with your children and not being a wage slave at some soulless corporation or government bureaucracy sounds like hell. Haven't we progressed beyond the idea that it is in loving relationships with other people that we find fulfillment and meaning? Climbing the corporate ladder is essential in the pursuit of happiness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Oracle View Post
Match Point Novak needs to be immortalized in sculpture, like Michelangelo's David. I'm sure that once he's gone to tennis Valhalla, his statue will have his stones as the focal point of attention, and tennis fans will make a meccan-like pilgrimage at least once in their lifetime, in order to rub those lucky stones, like the budda's belly.
finishingmove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote