MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Paris F: (4) Ferrer def (Q) Janowicz 6-4 6-3

View Single Post

Old 11-04-2012, 07:59 PM   #169
country flag Mateya
Mateja Seppieva

Mateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Paris F: (4) Ferrer def (Q) Janowicz 6-4 6-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterclass View Post
Miss Mateya, you are correct that Janowicz didn't play so well today, but too bad you chose this day to make an "not impressed" analysis about his low quality game. I guess you missed getting a more overall impression in his other outstanding matches leading up to the final dumping 2 top 10's (inc. US Open winner Murray) and 2 other top 20 players. Here you watched Janowicz in the final on his 8th match in 9 days. Of course he was tired.

To call him a serve&dropshot bot is laughable coming from someone like you who plays the game. Watch his other matches from this past week. He moves very well for his size, better than any of the other tall players in my opinion, and has a solid backhand defending and a seriously powerful forehand. That's why his drop shot is so effective. When his power forehand his working and forcing the opponent backwards behind the baseline, the disguised drop shot becomes an excellent combination, resulting in a winner or forced error. His percentages before today were much, much better. Even when he is not making them, they still force the other player to run like a chicken and tire themselves to exhaustion, ala Tipsarevic.

One would be hard pressed to find many other players that were able to win a Masters from qualifying since they were instituted back in the 90's. I find this a fine achievement.

Why must people be so negative here?

Respectfully,
masterclass
Dear Masterclass.
I pointed out that I was talking about today's performance. I know that he isn't a serve-bot (or serve&dropshot-bot) otherwise he wouldn't make the final here. From what I heard this week I was probably expecting too much from Jerzy today and felt a bit dissapointed on the end.

My post might look very negative, but it wasn't meant to be.
Wishing Janowicz all the best next year, I hope this isn't just a fluke.

Mateya's FAQ: Yes, I'm a girl. Profile pic is me. I watch and play tennis since 13 (1997). I don't play ITFs anymore, I have a job now. MTF-> uncovering my naughty side since 2007.
http://www4.slikomat.com/13/1210/88t-Mateja.jpg
Slovenia's finest: Grega Žemlja, Aljaž Bedene, Blaž Kavčič; Anže Kopitar, Goran Dragič, TINA MAZE, Melanija Trump, Mateja *********.
SLOVENIA - small but extremely dangerous.
Umag > Roland Garros
WTA tour Association of tennis players without variety and plan B.
Vote for Mateya!
Mateya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote