MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Political Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 11-04-2012, 08:50 AM   #134
country flag mer

mer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Political Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_masha View Post
You, guys, seem like human rights/feminist enthusiasts, but were you a member of a ferociously criticized ruling party of a country towards which most of the world has bad feelings (because of course the Russian are ultimately going to invade us all, there’s no shore too far!) maybe you would see an event like the Pussy Riot case as a semi-anarchist agitation circus which serves just too well Western anti-Russian propaganda and that could equally became a problematic precedent in a multi-ethnic socially and politically troubled country like Russia.

And therefore see as justified a more severe punishment then just a fine or community work or whatever because the same case in another country would bear a whole different meaning to the society/world, but they’re in Russia, so it’s very much different and based on a reasoning like this it’s not unbelievable that he will see things differently.
You seriously confuse the root couse and consequencies. There would have been no agitation circus and there would have been no need to justify more severe punishment if PR case was treated according to the law from the beginning. These women shouldn't have been arrested and kept in jail before trial. The state TV shouldn't have started a massive propaganda campaign portraying these "silly, worthless" girls as public enemies #1 and a serious threat to russian state and Orthodox Church. If the PR girls got such amount undeserved attention it's solely thanks to russian ruling authotities which Marat represents. Everyone is entitled to his own opinion re PR stunt in the Church. However there 2 undeniable things that bacame clear thanks to their stunt. Russian Church showed it's ugly face and russian Kafkain-style justice system was brought to public attention.
Again, Marat is surely entitled to his opinion about these girls as well as I'm entitled to lose my respect for him. And it's not because he considers them worthless. There is one prominent russian art/literature expert who made it clear that he has very negative opinion about the PR, however he called for their release and he stressed many times that he refuses to discuss how bad they and their "art" are as long as the girls are in prison because it's not right morally. I do respect this guy a lot even though I don't agree with his view on the girls.
mer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote