MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - 2012 Hardcourt all the way! 100% going forward! Hopefully.

View Single Post

Old 11-03-2012, 04:14 PM   #1480
country flag lalaland

lalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2012 Hardcourt all the way! 100% going forward! Hopefully.

He was having more in road in his SF against Rafa on clay in MC than he is today. That's said a lot about the quality of Janowicz today. And when a big server is having his day, Gilles is not v. good at handling them, it put too much pressure on his own serves when he's not able to break the opponent. And Janowicz is really quite unbelievably good in this tournament, I think his win came no surprise to anyone who watched him beat Kohli/Cilic/Murray/Tipsy this week. He could very well win the whole thing tomorrow.

And in that article on L'Equipe Soulage posted, the journalist was calling Gilles' serve in QF "girl serve" bcos it's so slow, they suspected that the neck is still bothering him. I thought his body looks stiff in that QF, but he's so calm and relax and played such a great match regardless. Like I said before, Gilles' tennis is good enough to beat a lot of ppl when he is physically up to it. He said in itw that he didn't expect to have to deal with these physical issues for the rest of his life, which I take that he'll have a strategy in place to make sure he doesn't need to deal with it in a constant basis. Maybe it's wishful thinking, I just think he will figure it out eventually how to get himself healthy for a longer stretch in the season.

But anyway, if this is not a SF in a master with no Top 4 remaining, then maybe it won't be that upsetting. Remember just last week when he lost in Valencia, we were all so depressed and wondered if Gilles will ever be good again? He was great for 3 matches this week, very offensive against Baggy, ok against Hanescu but he doesn't need to be amazing to beat him anyway, and played a great match with his means against Berdych (and didn't choke when he was down 0-40 serving for the match, I was most impressed by what he did to serve that game out). Anyway, there's really a lot to cheer about this week.

I know it's probably very hard to be happy after a loss, but I'm tired of being upset after every loss, so I just wanna say something upbeat for a change . I was not too put-off by the loss in Valencia last week, and after this week, I'm rather full of hope for the next season. If he can get a hold of his health issues, I don't see why he can't get himself back to the top. I'm very hopeful.

Allez Gilles, you did great considering. Have a great off-season playing with the kid and hang out with the family. Come back fresh and healthy next year to do something great. Looking forward to seeing you next season.