MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Roger news and articles

View Single Post

Old 11-03-2012, 04:47 PM   #1891
country flag Eden
#Hopp Suisse

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Roger news and articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissakiss View Post
And I read in a Swiss press article that the appearance fee given to D'jokovic and Murray by the Swiss Indoors Open was much higher than what Roger had been receiving but obviously Roger is the biggest draw by far. Rene Stauffer mentioned in a twitter that Roger wanted to be treated fairly.
Roger is the person who attracts the people in Basel. Well, not only there: When we have a look around the world the stadions are always packed when he plays...

Djokovic asked for more money to play in Basel this year again and Roger Brennwald decided to get Murray instead of him then.

So it's not only Roger who asks for a better payment.

Every player will try to get the best possible out of a contract.

When you read the thread on GM about this topic you would get the idea that some people think that their favorite player is playing only for the love of the game...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissakiss View Post
And the turnover of the tournament this year is about CHF20 million (I wonder if tickets of Basel Open are the most expensive with average at CHF 250, barring tickets of some SF/Final rounds of grand slams).
I paid about 770 € last year for the whole week and about 1000 € for the week this year.
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote