MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - 2012 Hardcourt all the way! 100% going forward! Hopefully.

View Single Post

Old 11-03-2012, 03:19 PM   #1479
country flag GilleSimonAddict

GilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2012 Hardcourt all the way! 100% going forward! Hopefully.

Well, I wish I could say i'm surprised. It was amazing how hopeless it all felt for Gilles right from the start. I think Jerzy is going to take the whole thing. There's really no weakness in his game. He just lacks big match experience but he's getting that right now in a hurry and he's too young and green right now to be afraid of the moment.

There was really just nothing that Gilles could do. No break point chances and under too much pressure every service game because of this kid's effortless power and pretty damn good movement for his size. He's basically everything that Karlovic isn't. I look at it like this. Karlovic was the early prototype, Isner was the revised model, and Jerzy is the end result of the evolution of a big man in tennis. The perfect balance of power, movement and shot selection.

It was a great effort and run for Gilles. Nothing for him to hang his head about. It just hurts because who knows if he'll ever have an opportunity to ever get to a masters final again. Regardless, focusing on the positives to come out of this are a great finish to the year and good for his ranking too.
GilleSimonAddict is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote