MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Why do you like tennis?

View Single Post

Old 11-02-2012, 11:42 AM   #34
country flag August

August has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why do you like tennis?

First of all, I love tennis because it's so fascinating a game. It's a physically demanding sport where you need to have endurance, strength, as well as shotmaking technique, but it also has the tactical aspect. Even though playing tennis can be exhausting, it's definitely much funnier than e.g. playing computer games.

And interest for the game made me watch tennis. And just like it's interesting to play, it's also interesting to watch, there are players with different playing styles, and surfaces suiting for different playing styles. The game is the biggest reason why I follow the game. But there are also some personalities you like, even if you wouldn't like their playing style, and you start to follow them more closely. And I also like the gentlemanship in tennis, even though tennis is unfortunately losing that, players are having much time between points and fistpumping at opponent's errors. And probably the prestige of Grand Slams made me also to watch tennis, you know they're playing for something big.

Stan Wawrinka
2014 Australian Open Champion | 2014 Monte Carlo Masters Champion

Jo-Wilfried Tsonga
2008 Paris Masters Champion | 2014 Toronto Masters Champion
August is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote