MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Players Who Overreact After Winning

View Single Post

Old 11-01-2012, 02:19 PM   #40
country flag Freak3yman84

Freak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Players Who Overreact After Winning

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuzzahLovah View Post
Well Cilic is a huge scalp for him i'd think.

Tsonga and Djokovic both have their own kind of annoying celebrations with the twirling and the roaring, but Nadal's the one who celebrates mid match like he won the tournament.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yolita View Post
I think beating Cilic was a great result for Janowicz...I don't think he overreacted...
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackhandDTL View Post
Six posts in and no one has mentioned Tsonga or his stupid celebration "dance"? That was the first person I thought of.

Monfils used to be a culprit of this, but then he stopped winning...

Nadal overreacts after winning a point or a set, or at least he used to, and that is much worse than any post-match celebration. Hewitt was another offender of this.

I don't blame Janowicz for his reaction here. He's an up-and-comer who just took out a top 20 player; Cilic is a huge name for him. It would be weird if he wasn't stoked.

My bigger problem is with those awful mug shots after the video...
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieMU30 View Post
Why shouldn't Jerzy Jagger be excited? He beat two Top 20 players back to back after coming through the Q rounds at a Master's 1000....It is an amazing tournament for him especially when this is a tournament with only the Top guys...He is the only qualifier left and hasn't faced a break point in 4 matches....So, yes his reaction is justified
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaindewslave View Post
how is it rude? if anything it shows Janowicz has extreme respect for Cilic's talent and is really happy he somehow managed to beat such a great tennis player... you're logic is backwards. maybe by tennis edicit it isn't the most polite to spend a lot of time celebrating, but in this case it is a compliment towards Cilic rather than a negative
Quote:
Originally Posted by VolandriFan View Post
A top 20 win is good for Janowicz, but probably not worth that celebration when you consider Cilic has lost to Dodig and Copil in the last few weeks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JurajCrane View Post
This thread Janowicz didn´t overreact.
I knew I would upset the Jerzytards...
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post
Jerzy's celebrations were great.

I usually don't have a problem with celebrations, unless it's from a player who just beat one of my faves.
And of course, George telling it how it is

Number of Times I've Cried Over Sucking at FITD: All but four

W Samarkand Singles W Charlottesville W Lermontov W ATP Bastad W Bol Fut (w/MathMul) W Cordenons (w/dinkulpus)

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Sweet Cleopatra View Post
I like how you make me appreciate my life by comparing it to yours then I take a deep breath and say: Thank God..
Freak3yman84 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote