MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - New rule for first few months of Challengers next year

View Single Post

Old 10-31-2012, 06:13 PM   #16
country flag TBarm7

TBarm7 has a reputation beyond reputeTBarm7 has a reputation beyond reputeTBarm7 has a reputation beyond reputeTBarm7 has a reputation beyond reputeTBarm7 has a reputation beyond reputeTBarm7 has a reputation beyond reputeTBarm7 has a reputation beyond reputeTBarm7 has a reputation beyond reputeTBarm7 has a reputation beyond reputeTBarm7 has a reputation beyond reputeTBarm7 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New rule for first few months of Challengers next year

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsilva View Post
What's the difference between a serve ball clipping the net and landing in on a break point or a forehand hitting the top of the net and "dying" over the net for a clean "winner"?? As a competitive tennis player myself, I really don't find this rule any offensive!!
So you're telling me that you wouldn't be pissed if on set point against you, your opponent clips the tape on a second set and it trickles over for an ace? During a point it happens all the time, but since its part of the game and has been a rule forever, we are use to it. Trust me, I have not talked to one player on tour since this rule was being discussed that is in favor of it. It was put in college as the "John Isner" rule, for cheating, but since D1 matches have chairs now, its not that big of a deal.
TBarm7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote