MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Main Draw

Thread: Main Draw
View Single Post

Old 02-20-2005, 11:09 PM   #56
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Main Draw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debstah
I'd never go up and talk to any of them so I guess not. But it doesn't matter what I think, it matters what they think. Just because they should always be confident going onto the court doesn't mean I have to be to save my own sanity To each her own.
That's probably good methodology Deb. . Lord knows, I've had days nearly ruined by some of JanMike's losses, probably more so out of empathy for him than anything else, and that match he lost in front of me last week in San Jose was especially hard to take (until he came back and played much better in Doubles). My life was much easier before I met all of these guys in some ways, but in some ways it has been very special and quite a privilege, so I wouldn't change it. I support my guys, and I believe in them fully (unless I know something about a particular match, like Tommy's back soreness), but I just can't bring myself to make bold statements about anyone's draw or anyone's chances in a match (not even Roger). Maybe I don't want to jinx them, maybe I've been around long enough to see odd things happen in tennis, or maybe I don't want to look like a complete fool (I do that in plenty of other ways ), but I prefer to find some blend of positive and realistic. And yes, I think I am honest to all of them in person.

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Andy wearring Crocs, courtesy of Smitty8
Fee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote