MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2)

View Single Post

Old 10-30-2012, 02:27 PM   #2214
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
What do you mean?

Exactly. It's rather frightening. This thread he opened on the other forum, who does that?? Answering all the fans tweets, writing the blogs... And how does he even find time for all this? The fact that he does make the time is simply impressive. But for me, the biggest factor was how he handled and handles those question on that other forum. It's just incredible. He is funny but mature, he handles the polemic questions with such maturity and wisdom, much better than most top players. It's incredible.

The simple fact that he is portuguese is a turn off for me. What I like about tennis is how international it is.. so I am always going to have a tendency to like players that are from other countries.

Obviously, I wish all the portuguese players the best, and I root for them over 97% of the tour and over anyone in a slam final. But I doubt I will ever have one as a favorite.

You think this guy is promising? Why?
1) You know what I mean! When I say your thread would be left in peace, I mean it as in I wouldn't be here chatting rubbish, leaving you all to carry on from where you were!

2) Yeah. I agree. He's really great like this. Hopefully he won't become a forgotten man, though.

3) Oh really? Well, I like Frederico a lot. Mainly because he's Kyle Edmund's doubles partner, though. I understand that you would prefer other nationalities, however. The reason I think he is promising is, despite being at a height disadvantage like Peliwo, he hits a much heavier ball, and he has an automatic advantage already, he's left-handed. The slow surfaces of today are much more suited to his game than Peliwo's. Also factor into the equation that the competition on the main tour is much grittier and full-blooded. This suits Silva a lot more, I feel.

Only time will tell.
The Prince is offline View My Blog!