MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Political Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 10-29-2012, 03:17 PM   #100
country flag monkey247

monkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Political Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikomonstr View Post

.... It's simply disheartening to have watched this man grow up, follow his career for so many years, and then find out that he's not really the person you thought he was, based upon 100's of interviews.
There seems to be quite a bit of that going on lately! Jimmy "So Vile" Savile, Lance Armstrong etc. I realised Marat had rather dinosaurish tendencies in his attitude to women, but who would've suspected him to be quite so hypocritical, conformist, authoritarian conservative in his outlook, especially, as you say, after all those many interviews, most notably 2007 Marie Claire: "the first thing which is important for me is for the girl to be someone as an individual ... for her to have her own identity, and not be afraid to express her opinion and stand by it". Welcome to the world of Pussy Riot, Marat.
monkey247 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote