MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Nick Kyrgios - Yes He Canberra

View Single Post

Old 10-29-2012, 02:29 AM   #7
country flag n8

n8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nick Kyrgios - Yes He Canberra

Takes the title with some impressive serving.

Quote:
The boys final was a battle between local favourite Kaichi Uchida, seeded No.2, and Aussie Kyrgios who was looking to win his first Grade A singles title. There was nothing between the two players with the Aussie edging out a tight match 76(5) 76(4).

Kyrgios has enjoyed a lot of success in doubles this year with two doubles Grand Slam titles at Roland Garros at Wimbledon, but a first Grade A victory in singles was important for the Australian who commented after the match:

“I’m overwhelmed by this great achievement. I had to play some solid tennis to beat Uchida, he’s a very solid player. The crowd was really great, making it a good atmosphere. I really enjoyed my stay at Osaka, I played some of my best tennis here.”

Uchida knew going into the match that he had a big challenge on this hands, having lost the only previous singles meeting between the two players at this year’s Junior Wimbledon, as well as five previous doubles matches:

“I have had matches with Nick before, five times in doubles, one time in singles. All matches, I lose. The most risky shot that he has is his serve. The accuracy is quite good so for me it is very difficult to break his service games. The key today was how to hold my service games because his serve, at the important point of games, was very very effective and great. It was very tough match for me.”
Source: http://www.itftennis.com/juniors/new...up-titles.aspx
n8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote