MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Week 43 : Seoul (Winner : Yen-Hsun Lu)

View Single Post

Old 10-26-2012, 12:11 AM   #62
country flag shuhrat

shuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Week 43 : Seoul (Entry List)

Quote:
Originally Posted by willoughby View Post
In this article from today they talk about his injuries: http://sports.hankooki.com/lpage/mor...7060895990.htm

Google translator sucks with Korean but some of it is still understandable.

Looks like he has some chronic injury and had to have surgery in the past as well.
Yes, though he didn't tell the details there.

Rough translation of the article:

- He has been suffering from ankle injuries since 2009. He chose to receive medical treatment instead of going ahead with surgery. Somehow it got worse, this time (in March) there was no other option.

- It was for removing some bone-pieces in his right instep. He got back to the court in July.

- Due to his optimistic nature, the rehap process didn't take too much time. Only four months.

- Lim "Three years ago, I got injured when my ranking was on the rise up to around 200. Again, this year just when I felt like I was getting into my top form. It was massively discouraging and stressful for me."

- His target is to play 30 tournaments in a season without pushing himself too much. He tends to overwork while gaining momentum, which caused those injuries in the past.

- He thinks there are quite a few weak points in his game, especially they are more noticeable during a match. But he feels confident, as it also means bigger room to improve with more matches under his belt. He's very happy on the court and with his progress too so far.
shuhrat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote