MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Racket head speed of pros vs recs?

View Single Post

Old 10-25-2012, 08:47 PM   #4
country flag Agrajag

Agrajag has a reputation beyond reputeAgrajag has a reputation beyond reputeAgrajag has a reputation beyond reputeAgrajag has a reputation beyond reputeAgrajag has a reputation beyond reputeAgrajag has a reputation beyond reputeAgrajag has a reputation beyond reputeAgrajag has a reputation beyond reputeAgrajag has a reputation beyond reputeAgrajag has a reputation beyond reputeAgrajag has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Racket head speed of pros vs recs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by out_grinder View Post
By racket head speed I'm talking literal racket head speed. Not in relation to hitting a ball. Just how fast you can physically swing a racket.

Say you swing a racket into a concrete wall and the concrete wall can somehow detect how much force you supplied on decimating the racket. You're a rec tennis player but a rec tennis player with a history in elite strength training. You threw javelin for your country. And you're up against Nadal.

My guess is that Nadal is going to hit the concrete wall about 5 - 10x harder than you with his racket.

What do you think?
My guesstimate is probably 10-30%. The big difference is that they are able to hit the ball cleanly every single time. I am not.
Agrajag is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote