MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - 2012 Live Commentary

View Single Post

Old 10-24-2012, 07:43 PM   #5813
country flag Sanya

Sanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2012 Live Commentary

Quote:
Originally Posted by J99 View Post
Guess you didn't see alot of the match, because Fed was hitting some nice winners out there, had very high serve numbers, 8 aces and broke twice.
I was watching every point after 1st game. Half of the match Fed couldn`t find 1st serve. He played with a lot of top-spin from forehand because when trying to be more agressive he made outs UEs all the time. Return didn`t exist today, though I wouldn`t even consider it to be the biggest issue - Bellucci`s serve is great.

To put it in a nutshell - Fed was missing almost everything when he tried to play quicker. Tempo isn`t his ally these days, not fresh enough. I won`t say he was pushing today, but more casual Fed would go for winners far often in many positions than it actually Rogie did this evening.