MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Discuss YOUR tennis

View Single Post

Old 10-23-2012, 11:44 PM   #34
country flag BackhandDTL

BackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Discuss YOUR tennis

I've already discussed my background in tennis in another thread, which I could copy here if need be, but I figured I'd more or less talk about my game as it stands.

Certain aspects of my game have recently improved quite substantially.

I got a private lesson from a good friend of mine and coach of the women's team at a local University. She did wonders for my forehand in particular by mending my stroke to ensure that I employ the double-bend technique more consistently. Resultantly, my forehand's a lot more polished and reliable these days.

Just weeks ago, I had a discussion with my boss, the chief director at a local tennis facility, about how to teach the mechanics of the serve today as oppose to what they were years ago. I goofed around with the "new" technique one day and it yielded strong improvements on my first serve, which is now faster than it has ever been.

While my volleys have undoubtedly dipped in quality recently, I actually feel pretty great about the shape of my game as a whole right now.

Last edited by BackhandDTL : 10-31-2012 at 06:46 AM.
BackhandDTL is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote