MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2)

View Single Post

Old 10-15-2012, 09:31 PM   #881
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2)

You remember that I'm addicted to This American Life, right?

I listened to this segment
Quote:
A teenage girl gets bitten by a shark, rushed to the doctor's office, stitched up, and told she'll be totally fine. Crisis averted, right? Not so much. Ira tells the story
So the doctor tells the family (N.Z. or Australian, can't remember) that she might act strangely during the night because she is in shock but that the SHOULD IGNORE HER and not worry about it. So as she tries to tell her parents about her increasingly distressing symptoms, they follow the doctor's instructions. She's only 13 so she has to depend on her parents to help her but they DON'T. When she begins to struggle to breathe they decide to take her to the hospital that is quite some ways away and they get stopped at a bridge by a flock of sheep being herded across. She is finding it hard to hold on and wants to slip into unconsciousness, but fights it.

http://www.thisamericanlife.org/radi...oesnt-kill-you
star is offline View My Blog!