MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Keeping the streak going- Shanghai Masters, CAMPEOON

View Single Post

Old 10-11-2012, 11:20 AM   #17
country flag shuhrat

shuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Keeping the streak going- Shanghai Masters, R3: Lopez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
18 UEs? he statistian is a bit stingy. Anyway, Nole broke early in each set and since he had no problem with his own serve, he's been pretty aggressive in his return games and had no patience in setting up points and tried to hit a winner in a not so perfect position. That's probably the reason for the UE counts.
I see why the relatively high UE number in a fairly one-sided match.

W/UE: Nole 18/13, Feli 12-27. From corner to corner, 8 aces in the first set alone! Overall 12 aces, lost 7 pts on serve. I won't deny there are still some facepalm worthy moments though, I'm very impressed by his persistent efforts to improve his net game / serve. Keep on trying! On the other hand I started to wonder seriously if it's too late to fix his overhead smash, just to a decent level. He looks more and more nervous with the shot nowadays. It's almost sad.

Next match, vs Tipsy or Haas. It won't be straightforward whomever he faces.
shuhrat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote