MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Grigor in Asia

Thread: Grigor in Asia
View Single Post

Old 10-11-2012, 12:45 AM   #126
country flag RandyE

RandyE has a reputation beyond reputeRandyE has a reputation beyond reputeRandyE has a reputation beyond reputeRandyE has a reputation beyond reputeRandyE has a reputation beyond reputeRandyE has a reputation beyond reputeRandyE has a reputation beyond reputeRandyE has a reputation beyond reputeRandyE has a reputation beyond reputeRandyE has a reputation beyond reputeRandyE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Grigor in Asia

Had a chance to view the match and took the following from it: 1. He didn't have a good serving day - against Novak you might as well forget winning, because you're not going to win too many points on second serve. 2. He missed too many returns of serve (in my opinion this part of his game has the most opportunity to improve). Novak also served lights out! 3. I really liked how he was able to hang with Novak when he stayed inside the baseline and took the ball early - I'm hoping that he will continue to do that. Overally the injury seemed to bother him for sure - I think he could have kept one of the sets a lot closer had he been full strength. Overall I don't think it was a bad performance considering his first round win. Most players struggle in their second full season on tour, and my assumption is that he's learning quite a bit right now.
RandyE is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote