MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Tomic on hardcourt 2012

View Single Post

Old 10-10-2012, 10:34 PM   #190
country flag Givenchy

Givenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tomic on hardcourt 2012

I guess he played a lot on clay this year, but he said at the time it was to get in matches to prepare himself for RG. I think his schedule was ok except for maybe Stuttgart and Gstaad. Not sure that playing the minimum amount of tournaments next year will be a good move, either.

I think my biggest issue is with him admitting to a lack of effort in training/play. He said similar things after losing at Wimbledon. Why is it still a problem now (or to begin with)? He and his team should be making sure he puts in the best effort all the time in practices and matches. Obviously something isn't right and changes need to be made somewhere...

I don't know how many more wake-up calls or reality checks he needs. Other than his first 2 tournaments of the year, Bernard has done nothing of note. Just look at his record against top players and his results in the biggest tournaments: R1 Wimbledon, R2 RG, R1 Olympics, R2 USO, etc... So, I'm skeptical that the offseason will make any difference unless he finally hires a real coach and makes some changes within himself. Things can definitely get worse before they get better (in terms of ranking) with him losing the SF points from Brisbane right off the bat and having to defend R4 at the AO.
Givenchy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote