MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - In-depth analysis of matchups/matchup issues between ATP players

View Single Post

Old 10-10-2012, 07:21 PM   #108
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Worst matchup issues between top (10/20) players

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackhandDTL View Post
Admittedly, I completely misremembered his encounters with Simon. I was under the impression that net play accounted for much of his success against Gilles, probably because it makes the most sense on paper. But after revisiting a few of their matches, I realized how very wrong about that.

Ultimately, and to your original point, Ferrer augments Gasquet's general problem of playing too far behind the court, where Richard will get little done against a player like David.
Fair enough, it was an honest mistake

Agree with the last paragraph, that pretty much explains the loopsided H2H. With his court positioning, he's a sitting duck against a player like Ferrer: he doesn't have the power or consistency to blow him off the court or the movement/defense to win a baseline grinding contest. He has no chance, hence the scores.
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote