MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - In-depth analysis of matchups/matchup issues between ATP players

View Single Post

Old 10-10-2012, 08:18 PM   #106
country flag BackhandDTL

BackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Worst matchup issues between top (10/20) players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post
Are you sure you're talking about Gasquet here? Against whom does he 'close gaps beween him and the opponent by moving forward and coming to the net'?
Admittedly, I completely misremembered his encounters with Simon. I was under the impression that net play accounted for much of his success against Gilles, probably because it makes the most sense on paper. But after revisiting a few of their matches, I realized how very wrong about that.

Ultimately, and to your original point, Ferrer augments Gasquet's general problem of playing too far behind the court, where Richard will get little done against a player like David.
BackhandDTL is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote