MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Tour Taking It's Toll on Tomic?

View Single Post

Old 10-09-2012, 09:24 PM   #36
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tour Taking It's Toll on Tomic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKz View Post
Use your head, that has nothing to do with how many tournaments you necessarily play.

The real number that is hurting Tomic is this-

Federer - 17 tournaments played
Tomic - 25 tournaments played

Either way, you can't really blame Tomic, he has yet to be anywhere near his physical peak (probably mostly because he has yet to find the right discipline to focus on his physical game) and he doesn't have the experience yet to manage a good schedule. I mean when you're that young, you feel like you have enough energy to go around playing every tournament, and especially since he needs all the points/money he can get at this moment, he'll be trying to chase after tournaments for a while anyways.
He came out in his first match at a tournament around 10 times or so, no way you can blame physical game for that, he's 19 not 39
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote