MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - In-depth analysis of matchups/matchup issues between ATP players

View Single Post

Old 10-09-2012, 03:31 PM   #37
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Worst matchup issues between top (10/20) players

Can anyone explain Gasquet 6-0 Simon, with all blowouts? I always try to avoid matches with those two pushers, but this H2H strikes me as very weird, there's bound to be some matchup issue. Two players of roughly the same level (Simon probably a bit better), somewhat similar gamestyles...

Another good example would be:

Del Potro vs Soderling

5-1 Del Potro, with Soderling's only win coming when JMDP was a teenager. Even when Robin was #4 and JMDP was just returning to the tour at the beginning of 2011, two blowout wins for JMDP. This one is easy to explain; Soderling has amazing power off the baseline, Del Potro has even more. He can easily overpower Soderling, forcing him to go for too much to avoid long rallies, which leads to errors. On slow surfaces where he can't finish the points fast, Robin is a sitting duck in this matchup.
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote