MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Unofficial Live ATP Rankings [in Post #1]

View Single Post

Old 10-09-2012, 01:05 PM   #552
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Unofficial Live ATP Rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by uxyzapenje View Post
If Novak doesn't play Basel and gets a 0-pointer for it, will he be able to count Dubai? I mean, the rules for this year allow them to count 6 best tournaments instead of 4 + 2. But if he doesn't fulfill the commitment of playing 4 ATP500s, will he be limited to counting only 4 500s (MC, DC and OG included) and with his 0-pointer from Basel, that would mean only MC, OG and Beijing?
He will be able to count Dubai in the end of the year for sure as even with the zeropointer in Basel he will only have 4 ATP500 results in his rankings.

But I'm also pretty sure he will also count it during the Bercy week when he will have 5 ATP500 results in his rankings (including zeropointers), since this year the limit to counting only 4 ATP500 results has been erased, and I think it also applies to players who won't actually play 4 ATP500 tournaments in the calendar year if you look at Nadal's ranking breakdown which includes 5 ones if you include the Davis cup which used to be included in the limit to 4 ATP500 results between 2009 and 2011.

Last edited by duong : 10-09-2012 at 01:12 PM.
duong is offline View My Blog!