MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Tennis Tipping Managers 2012 - season 2012 is complete - thanks everyone for managing

View Single Post

Old 10-09-2012, 10:13 AM   #1427
country flag Tristanslav

Tristanslav has a reputation beyond reputeTristanslav has a reputation beyond reputeTristanslav has a reputation beyond reputeTristanslav has a reputation beyond reputeTristanslav has a reputation beyond reputeTristanslav has a reputation beyond reputeTristanslav has a reputation beyond reputeTristanslav has a reputation beyond reputeTristanslav has a reputation beyond reputeTristanslav has a reputation beyond reputeTristanslav has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tennis Tipping Managers 2012 - Need manager for November

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESimp View Post
To commit a doubles team you only need one player to commit.

It is my fault that I included you in the singles draws draw and I agree with that. But in doubles your team was valid entry. Your commitment to any tournament this week was to Rennes first so I agree that should have been where you played.

I do, however fully believe it was an honest mistake. I was very surprised when I didn't get your picks which is why I checked other tournaments as you are a very reliable TT player. This is also why I went to the board to get a ruling on how it should be handled. I know the rules say you are suppose to be awarded zero points for the week if it is noticed after the deadline. My concern is that your partner gets penalized for your mistake when he was not involved.
Don't get me wrong mate, I'm not trying to lay blame anywhere other than my door - it was a stupid mistake, a genuine one - but a stupid one. As I've said in my initial post, I'll accept any sanctions thrown at me in terms of my results - but as you say, I'm not sure it's fair Nadie gets penalised for that mistake.

My suggestion (request) would be that we are allowed to continue in doubles, but my points aren't included at the end of the week. If I need to be kicked out of singles, then that's fair enough, although obviously I'd rather stay in

SINGLES : FINAL UMAG 2012
WINNER SAN MARINO 2012 CH
DOUBLES :
WINNER FERGANA 2012 CH W/NADIE
WINNER PRAGUE 2012 CH W/NADIE
WINNER SAN MARINO 2012 CH W/NADIE
WINNER MARRAKECH 2012 CH W/IGORCHE
WINNER BRAUNSCHWEIG 2012 CH W/ORANGEHAT
Tristanslav is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote